Thursday, May 15, 2008

a haircut, a birthday, wormies, and cuties

Sissy's birthday was yesterday. She's 3 years old! We haven't really celebrated yet though because we are doing a combined celebration with BJ's birthday this weekend. Here is a pic of her on her birthday anyway.


I celebrated by getting my hair cut and highlighted by Becky. Here are the results:Perhaps I should have put some make-up on for the picture. Oh well. Thanks Becky for doing a great job and saving me money! I'm not sure how I'll like the bangs, but I thought I'd give it a try.


And here is my mischeivous little guy. He's been a happy little clam lately, but gets into everything! I generally have to step over mounds of pots and pans and dishes while I am cooking in the kitchen. And his favorite thing of all is to be outside eating dirt. I don't have a picture of him eating dirt, but here he is eating flour.


Speaking of dirt, Ammon and Talia's new favorite thing is worms and rollie pollie bugs. As we have been gardening, they fight over who gets the next worm I find. They have created a worm farm in a bucket. Rollie pollie bugs are filling up many jars in the house. I remember when Ammon was Sissy's age and he would run inside screaming when he found a worm. He wouldn't go back outside until I had moved it. Sissy is really not sqeamish about such things. She has caught and squished spiders with her fingers, then carried them around calling them her "squishy." She loves ants and any little creeping thing she can find. What a little princess, huh?

3 comments:

Gigi said...

I like your haircut and the highlights Marisa! It'll be fun to see how you like having bangs. (And you always look great, make-up or not.) What a perfect way to celebrate your kids birthdays! It's hard to believe they're already 1 and 3. Time flies.

Your bug stories crack me up. Bergen is fascinated by bugs, but Logan won't go near them. He jumps up on the furniture when he sees an ant -- I won't even go into what happens with potato bugs and spiders! Too funny! What's up with those boys?

Take care.

heidi and tom said...

LOVE the hair!!!! Can't wait to see you in a month!!! We are going to have a B-L-A-S-T!!!!!!

love ya sc!

Unknown said...

I think you look great with bangs! I am biased I think though since I am the one who gave them to you...ah well you look terrific! Happy Belated birthday to BJ and Talia! And also your above post about Ammon's fears about the talking sandwhich...in all honesty I would be more scared of a talking sandwhich than a vampire...Julia's is afraid of the strawberries on the wall in the playroom are going to attack her so...gotta love kids and thier fantastic imaginations!