Monday, December 10, 2007

Where's baby Jesus?



Sissy was playing with our little velcro nativity set today, and asked me about 10 times each what each of the pieces were. It took a while, but she finally realized that the baby Jesus was missing! I said "uh-oh", where's baby Jesus?" She frowned for a minute then her eyes lit up and she ran upstairs. A minute later she came back with a baby Jesus. From my nice nativity set. That was all fine and good- I told her she could play with it. But a little while later at nap time she insisted on taking baby Jesus upstairs to bed with her. He made it as far as the kitchen when he got dropped and his little hand broke off. Poor baby Jesus. I can' t even find the hand. My kitchen floor is uglier than sin, but hides things very well. Good for when I don't sweep, bad for when you need to find a 2x2 mm baby hand on it. Anyway, perhaps I should look for the other baby Jesus. I'm glad that she has such an interest in the nativity.
Ammon has been having more fun with a pogo stick that he bought at a yard sale last weekend than I have seen him have with a toy besides his bike for a long time. He has been out there despite freezing rain jumping and jumping. He runs in the house every so often with a report like, "I just jumped 29 times!" or "I just jumped 10 feet sideways!"
I think it's the best dollar he's ever spent.

1 comment:

heidi and tom said...

That's soo funny Marisa, Savannah does the same thing with our nativity set, "Mommy, what this?" with every piece about ten times each!! It must be the age...

Heidi