Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm in hot water... or cold mud.

I'm feeling a bit bad about making my dear husband go out yesterday to take a load of compost to our community garden plot.  
Here is what I knew:
It was raining.  (big deal, we live in the Northwest)
Russ was off work and was a little sick.
I had scheduled to borrow our friend's truck with trailer.

Here is what I didn't know:
It was freezing rain.
That the trailer was going to blow a tire.
That we would get stuck in the mud.
That the truck was 4 wheel drive (until someone that stopped to help us pointed it out.)
That there wasn't proper tools in the truck to take off the trailer tire.
That the kids would be screaming in the back of the truck while we tried to fix it.

So our load of compost made it to the garden.  It only took a few hours, soaked us in rain and mud from head to toe, and left my dear hubby with a very pneumonia-like cough.  

Oops and Sorry Russ! is all I can say.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh sorry! That does not sound like a very good day at all! I hope Russ gets better soon!

Charlotte said...

Oh no! Murphy's law was in full effect! I hope Russ feels better soon!

NW Varneys said...

oooh. That is a sad, sad tale, indeed. :(