Friday, September 18, 2009

A Little Magic




Ammon took a magic class with parks and rec last month. He has had a bit of an interest in it since I did some in one of my Webelos meetings. He really had a lot of fun, and learned some pretty good little tricks. This class really made me realize though how far he has come socially in the last couple of years. After the first day he told me that it was the first time that he wasn't nervous or scared to do something new. (Hurray! If you only knew how hard some things have been for him!) Then the last day of the class they did a little magic show for the families. They got to choose what tricks to do and how long to spend on stage. Ammon was the last one and I was nervous for him, but he was not nervous AT ALL! In fact, he really hammed it up, did more tricks than the other kids, and had a great time with it. I couldn't believe that was my Ammon. Way to go, my little magician!

No comments: