Saturday, September 12, 2009

Seattle!


I finally found my pictures from Seattle. They have been missing for a while. I was so disappointed to realize that I had left my camera in Idaho. Except that well, the kids were left in Idaho too, so I guess it was worth it! The kids had a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Moore for over a week. I wish I could say that Russ and I got some good R&R, but that wasn't really the case. We spent a majority of the time working our tails off on the house, getting things like tiling and painting done. It was quite productive without the kids being around. We did however escape to Seattle for a couple of days. It was wonderful for me-- I had nothing to do. Okay, nothing I HAD to do. Russ had an AVMA conference and spent most of his day hours there, but we had some time to spend together. We saw Othello and went to the temple, and of course walked Pike's Place Market. While Russ was at the conference, I wandered the Seattle Center (where I got poured on), went to Theos chocolate shop, saw the bridge troll (see pics below,) and did some salvage building supply shopping (I love the RE-store!)



We were able to find this little Moroccan restaurant that we had visited over 3 years ago when we came out for interviews. So yummy! We were however a little disappointed that they gave us forks even though the menu says, "forks available by request" and we didn't request them. Oh well. We did get to sit on the floor.

The troll under a bridge:


The troll's view:

I will hopefull soon post some pictures of our remodel. But it is so close to being done now it seems silly to post pictures of "almost done."

No comments: