Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ammon's Birthday







We had a very fun and successful pirate party for Ammon's 6th birthday. He had been looking forward to (and by "looking forward to," I mean obsessing over, talking about nothing else, and acting like a pirate maniac) his birthday party for a couple of months, and had been collecting anything that he thought was pirate-ish in a box. We made it a boys-only party, only because I had to limit the number of people he could invite, and that seemed like a good way. We had a treasure hunt, pinata, made personal pizzas, made balloon swords, and had skeleton cupcakes. It was fun, but we have decided that our kids are only going to get a party with friends every other year. On the odd years they will get to go out to dinner and get a bigger present. Ammon's present from us this year was getting to make a set of stilts with Russ. He loves them almost as much as his pogo stick, and I'm sure will soon be getting good at using them.

2 comments:

Maren said...

How fun! I can't believe he's 6 already.

I agree with the friends birthday party every other year; I think we're going to do that, too.

Charlotte said...

Cool party idea, Marisa! Can you believe are little guys are 6? I'm still wrapping my brain around it! :)