Thursday, October 9, 2008

The missing tooth


Ammon's tooth was hanging by a thread for about a week. He really wanted it to fall out at school so he could get put on some special list and get a little container for his tooth, but wouldn't pull it out. We finally threatened that if he didn't do it the next day, we would pin him down and pull out the tooth. So the next day when I picked him up, he says, "Mom, there's good news and bad news. The good news is, I lost my tooth at school. The bad news is, I LOST my tooth at school!" Oh dear. The special container didn't stay closed at recess. So I told him that maybe if he wrote the tooth fairt a letter and explained what happened, she might be able to find his tooth and would still give him the money. So he wrote this letter:
It says, "Dear Tooth Fairy, My tooth fell out, but I lost it on the playground at Columbia Heights school. You can keep this tooth case." I guess the tooth fairy was feeling generous because he got his 50 cents.

No comments: