Monday, March 3, 2008

Ammon Ammon Bo-Bammon

Those of you who know us and Ammon know that he has been a great joy and a great frustration to us. He is I think the most stubborn child I have ever known. When he gets an idea in his head about how or when something should happen, he will not let it go. For the past almost 2 years, we have been trying to convince Ammon that he could learn to ride his bike without training wheels. After all, he's been riding a bike with training wheels since he was 2 1/2 years old. He got it in his head that he would do it when he turned 7. Every time we brought it up, he would absolutely refuse to even try it. So imagine my surprise when the other morning as I was working on this masterpiece



for the cub scout blue and gold banquet, Ammon ran inside and announced, "I want to ride my bike without training wheels!" So I helped him get the wheels off, and by the time I picked up BJ and got something on his feet to take him outside, Ammon was already out there riding. I had to help him get balanced to start a couple of times after that, and now he's riding like an old pro. Oh, but now he says he won't go on any bikerides out of our driveway until he's seven. We'll see how long that lasts!

A couple of weeks ago (this blog is way behind my actual life) Ammon lost his second tooth. Somehow, the toothfairy forgot to come and pay him for his tooth. He was oh-so-dissappointed, and I tried to help by telling him that the tooth fairy must have just had a very busy night, and she would get to him the next night. So the next night, guess who almost forgot to show up again! That darn tooth fairy. The tooth fairy only remembered at 5:30 in the morning when the baby woke up. Luckily Ammon is a deep sleeper and the tooth fairy found his window wide open (brrrrrrr.... but he must've thought that the tooth fairy couldn't get in the night before.) Anyway, the tooth fairy searched and searched under the pillow and on the bed, but no tooth could be found. The money was left anyway, and since the tooth was in a ziploc bag, it probably got mixed with some snacks and eaten. Or something. That's our latest tooth fairy adventure. Sometimes I think we should just have told him he'd get .50 for each tooth and not introduced the tooth fairy. Is that boring of me, or what?

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

I agree, the tooth fairy is hard pressure on the parents. You're a generous tooth fairy. We only give a quarter for each tooth.

Mary said...

Dave's been ripping me off, we give a dollar!!! :)