Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Fun







It's Halloween! Yea. I am completely on sugar overload. So, I am going to challenge myself to go 2 weeks without sugar. Besides I have been feeling a bit lack-luster lately, and maybe this will help. So please join me! Okay, at least check up on me because I need someone to hold me accountable. I'm going to give myself some minor exceptions. Jam is okay (my jam is almost sugar-free anyway.) Things with small amounts of added sugar like cereal- not the sugary kind-are allowed and honey is okay. I'll let you know how it goes. Anyway, this day has been not so great so far. Talia has diarhhea that has me changing her pull-up about every 1/2 hour. The baby is sick and doesn't want to be put down, and Ammon is as hyper as a hyena on steroids.


Despite the iffy day, we have had some fun in the last week. We had a trunk or treat party and carved some pumpkins for family night. Ammon was not convinced that I was dressed up as a tree for the monkey to hang on (I wore brown pants and a green shirt.) Oh well.






Well it's now November. I didn't get to post yesterday-- the kids took all my time and energy. Russ got home late and took the kids out to trick or treat. Although there were few houses on our street with lights on, those that were home got few trick-or-treaters, so each of them gave them a TON of candy. So, even though it's only day number one at 8:49 am I am already tempted. I will need to hide most of the kids candy somewhere when they are not around. Anyway, the kids had fun. I think I could do without Halloween though, except that I love pumpkins. And the kids are awfully cute in their costumes, uncreative though they are. And candy is always good. Plus you don't have to try to remember the real meaning of the holiday, since though it has roots, it really is just for fun. Okay, so maybe Halloween is not so bad afterall.







2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Cute pictures, Marisa! And the "tree" costume was very clever. I think it worked even if Ammon doesn't. :)

Maren said...

I also think your tree costume is clever! And your kiddos are way cute!