Thursday, November 8, 2007

It finally came out!


Yea, that loose tooth of Ammon's has finally come out. It only took a couple of weeks, a bump in the face by his sister, and a yank by daddy. So now that we've filled Ammon in on the tooth fairy, he is very excited and full of questions. He is in bed right now, I'm sure pretending to be asleep so he can catch the tooth fairy in action, even though I told him that wouldn't work.


Well, it really has been a tough week, and not because of not being able to eat sugar, although there have been some times when I REALLY wanted some chocolate. The kids have just really been a challenge, plus it's been the week of a thousand diapers! Ammon and Sissy are both so volatile. One minute just as happy as can be, and the next screaming like a banchee. Things that set them off seem a little odd, such as: for Ammon, sissy was helping pick up the legos. Just tragic, I know. For Sissy, saying "hello, you woke up" led to a half hour of screaming, "Don't say that!"

And BJ has been ill, so not all that happy either. But I am going to follow Charlottes example and not gripe anymore, but tell you what I love about my children.

1) It is so easy to make them laugh. They make me feel like a funny person.

2) They are so darn cute.

3) They love to read books (or in BJ's case, chew on books)

4) They are curious and love to learn new things

5) Hugs and kisses are given freely.

6) They are very cuddly and love to snuggle.

7) Sometimes they play nicely together

8) They have so much energy!

9) They get me excited about holidays and events that would otherwise just be blah.

10) They keep me busy and give me lots of things to look forward to.

11) They make me appreciate alone time with my hubby.
12) They love family night, even when we don't do something exciting for it.
13) They are strong-willed individuals
14) They love me, even when I get upset with them.
I'm sure I could come up with more, but that is a pretty good list. If I want to have groceries this week I'd better get going.
I forgot to mention that I got a professional massage today. It was heaven!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Ooh, I'm jealous of the massage! You are a really good mom. It's hard when everyone gets in a funk! I hope next week is better for you. :)

Catherine said...

I'm joining you on the sugar fast, except I have a cheat clause for when it's a gift or a holiday in which case strict portion control will be the rule. Halloween really killed me with the candy.

How much does the tooth fairy pay out over there? My neighbor's kid gets $20 per tooth. And she lost 3 teeth this month! I got 25 cents when I was a kid - maybe 50 as I got older.

Unknown said...

Way to go Ammon! Julia keeps having kids at school ask her why she lost her tooth so soon and she says she hasn't I was just born with this gap. It is really starting to give her a complex and I kinda wish she would lose one of her front teeth just so she wouldn't get comments about it anymore. You are Supermom to do what you do and stay away from sugar? How do you do it? I would like to do that to, but I don't know how long I could go for...maybe just babysteps.Lucky! Your awesome aren't professional massages the best!? I hope it refreshed you and is helping you throughout your week.