Monday, November 26, 2007

a great Thanksgiving weekend





We had a fun and busy weekend here at the Moore house. It all started with this beautiful and oh-so-yummy turkey. Yes, Russell cut out the spine and splayed it out. It was very convenient for being able to fit more stuff into the oven with it, even though it looks like the turkey went SPLAT.



Our weekend included a visit to the ape caves, fun at OMSI, shopping at IKEA, and a few games of Settlers of Catan (a family favorite, if you haven't played it, try it.)

Sissy and Uncle John in the cave



We visited the Ape Caves, which have nothing to do with apes. They are lava tunnels on Mt. St. Helens that you can hike through. It is pitch black once you are away from the entrance. The kids did great-- they didn't get scared or whiney or anything. The caves were actually warmer than it was outside-- they stay 52 degrees all year round. We hiked a couple of miles. BJ loved the baby backpack, and didn't make a peep the entire time.

Mommy and BJ


Of course, I forgot to charge my camera after the trip to the caves, and couldn't figure out how to get pictures from my dad's camera onto my computer.


It's so fun to have family here, but the last couple of days I've been wondering how I ever get anything done without extra people around to hold the baby and to do the dishes. Tomorrow I am in for the post-company blues, which I'm sure I will be distracted from by trying to get the kids all their flu shots and having BJ's six month check-up.




Well, now it is Tuesday, and I really do miss having more people around. I wish I could say that the shots went well today, but it was kind of a nightmare. BJ was pretty good, but Ammon's flu shot included a couple of extra people to hold him down, cowering under a chair, and an hour or so of crying. Sissy would have been fine if Ammon hadn't kept reminding her of the poke. After the nurses left the room I had all 3 children screaming and just had to sit there until they finally calmed down.

Anyway, I have so many things to be grateful for that I don't think I could ever list them all, but here are some that I am thinking about today


Grandparents

bibs

disposable diapers

games

Russell's job

friends willing to help out

mail

garage sales

vaccuum cleaners

smiles

eyelashes

my hubby

blogs

and many, many more things











1 comment:

Mary said...

Every Thanksgiving I think about your delicious brined turkeys! I'm impressed you de-spined that turkey. I would lose a finger or two trying to do that.