Monday, February 4, 2008

My thoughts on President Hinckley

I haven't had a chance to share any thoughts on President Hinckley, as life has been a little hectic. When I first heard the news when Russ read it to me from the newspaper on Jan. 28th, I felt a little sad, but, as many other people have expressed, one of my first thoughts was how sweet the reunion with his wife must be. For someone who has spent his life in sincere service of God and man, death at that age comes as a blessing. Perhaps he works just as hard on the other side of the veil, but not in a 97 year old body. He has been the prophet of most of my life, and has been a great example and leader for me. I am very grateful for that.
I tried to listen to the funeral over the internet, but as I had 3 children distracting and it kept cutting out on me, I didn't get to listen to much.
I am excited for the new prophet, President Monson. He has always been one of my favorite speakers at conferences. He said of President Hinckley, “‘Here and there, and now and then, God makes a giant among men.’ President Hinckley was such a giant – a giant of knowledge, of faith, of testimony, of compassion, of vision."

No comments: